Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This I Love Part II

One of the things that makes me deliriously HAPPY is being surrounded by family...kids, grandkids, spouses, and now my Mum.
ESPECIALLY when they are all getting along.

Lately we have been hosting A LOT of family get-togethers at our house.
This time of year we have Jeff's, Annie's, and Charlie's birthdays all within three weeks of each other. Throw in Easter and then the EDWIN weekend and every weekend has been a party.

Easter Sunday was no exception.

For cute photos (of which I have NONE) click on "Life's Lessons" to the right.

Everyone was home except for Charlie, who was sorely missed.
He is out in the middle of the Mojave Desert on field ops and has been out of cell phone range for a couple of weeks. But he even managed to borrow a friend's phone (who has SOMEONE OTHER THAN VERIZON for a carrier) and called home while we were all together.

Dinner was noisy with conversation.
Jon and Jeff debated global warming.

We made them go sit on the couch so that we didn't have to listen any more.

Bethany mocked my opinions on bottled water.
She thought my posting on the subject was tongue-in-cheek.
I was hurt!
I thought my family knew how seriously I take my position on bottled water.
Obviously I have not ranted loudly enough on the subject.
I will have to rant more often and louder.

Then maybe I'll be exiled to the couch.

Jonnie brought his X-Box with a new guy game.
The men were gleeful in their X-Box saturation.
Nobody went home until 11:30pm.
Things got a little crazy.
Natalie walked around with a harmonica in her mouth for an hour, breathing noisily in and out, with glazed eyes.
Great Nana went to bed.
Women and children started to collapse on our lovely big, cushy couches.
Everyone got slightly loopy.

Eventually, they all went home.

And I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I am.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me that I need to post that picture of Natalie looking crazy with the harmonica. Oh...and it's Mojave not Mohave.
    HA! That makes up for my eggs that died.

    ReplyDelete