Friday, June 11, 2010

Chocolate dysfunction

There seems to be no end to my propensity for chocolate accumulation.
About a year ago I posted this about my chocolate stash. And when I searched the blog for "chocolate", it came up with 36 posts. I believe that my obsession is becoming....serious. 
The stash has waxed and waned in the intervening months. Right now, it is at an all-time high. I moved it from the spare room to under my bed a few weeks ago, to interfere with pilfering. 

Here is the inviting, intoxicating, international inventory.
Which adds up to about 25 lbs, in case you were wondering:
5 bags of assorted M&M's
3 bags of dark Dove
3 bags of Cadbury mini-eggs
2 bags and one bar of Scharffenberger
3 bars of Bloomsberry & Co from New Zealand
1 bar of Whittaker's macadamia chocolate from New Zealand
9 bars of assorted Toblerone
1 bag of Lindt truffles
5 assorted Lindt bars
3 bags of Assorted Godiva
1 bag of Almond Joy pieces
1 box + 1 bar of Tropical Source dairy-free dark, which I bought for Josh and after eating the first box I think he's sick of it.
6 little Lindt gold bunnies. The sad remnant of a big purchase. I ADORE them.
1 bag Ghirardelli
2 bags of dark covered pomegranate bits
Several random remnants of bags of mini-sized bars
Did you notice how little Hershey's was in that list?

The hoard is now safely ensconced in three shoeboxes under my bed.
And where did I get such lovely shoeboxes, you ask?
Well, that is another story, of another dysfunction, for another time.
Bethany said she doesn't know how I can sleep with all that chocolate under my bed.

7 comments:

  1. Do you need someone to house-sit when you go on your next vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a stash! It's good to be prepared in event of an emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo...need a house-sitter anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how both of my friends thought immediately of house-sitting. And Mari, I do believe firmly in being prepared for any emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the reason I felt so sick when I was there.... I know I didn't HAVE to eat it but cmon when it's in the house how do you NOT eat it?

    ReplyDelete