Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jump, Jive, and.......

Memo to Jeff:
Don't give me chocolates on Valentine's Day.
I already have a spare room full of good chocolate.
Inventory includes:
5 bags of Halloween Lindor truffles
2 Christmas tree-shaped containers of Ferrer Rocher
1 bar of Bloomsbury & Co fine chocolate from New Zealand
3 bars of assorted Lindt
2 bags of Ghirardelli squares
3 boxes of assorted Belgian chocolates wrapped in red and green
1 tin of Kirkland fine biscuits in Belgian chocolate
2 bags of red and green mint M&M's
1 dresser-drawerful of cheap Hershey's etc. for those with less-fine tastebuds (think "grandchildren")
and so on....
You get the picture.

Don't give me a dozen red roses from the florist.
I prefer my roses fresh from the garden, smelling sweetly of the sun.

Don't give me jewelery.
It doesn't thrill me any more.
Although those huge black pearls from China were kind of cool.

Just be nice to me.
Adore me.
All day.
Every day.
Not a tall order.

I think he's finally getting it.

Yesterday we went for a brisk walk at the Tualatin Wildlife Refuge.


Old man with binoculars.


Then we went dancing.
Think "Sock Hop, lots of swing music."
Including our all-time favourite....
Jump, Jive, and Wail.
Which will be the death of us some day.


P.S. Bethany has a lovely take on V-Day.
See "Life's Lessons" to the right>>>>>

4 comments:

  1. Did you guys trade in your tandem for a motorcycle?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen. How did you find me? No, we'll be tackling that tandem soon enough. I'm sure there are lots of potential tandem blog stories for this summer. I knew it was you as soon as I saw you had left via the tandem site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...you sent me an e-mail with a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I figured that out after I said it.
    Duh!

    ReplyDelete