Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Farewell Piknik

Piknik is closing its doors in a couple of weeks. I haven't used it in a long time, so I thought I would have a little fun with some pictures I took of a hailstorm this afternoon.
Then Blogger got a little feisty with me and wouldn't let me upload the last photo. It kept telling me I had used up all of my free storage space in my Picasa Web album. Which I couldn't understand, because I don't use Picasa any more for that very reason. Too cheap to pay for web storage. It took me over an hour, but I finally beat Google, which now owns Picnik and made the decision to close it down.
The short story is that the first photo was originally cropped to a skinny 3494 x 1496 pixels. I thought it was lovely in its skinniness. But anything with dimensions under 2094 x 2094 pixels does not count towards the free 1G of storage space, so this lovely photo was putting me over the top.
Who knew? 

So here it is, my short tribute to Piknik.


And a couple of photos of the kiddos from last summer that I was playing around with.


Feel free to bow down to my awesomeness.

5 comments:

  1. You are awesome! :)
    I'm going to miss Piknik too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss Picnik terribly. I use it a lot. *sigh*`

    Bow down to your awesomeness? You are a caution, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiosity I checked my website with three separate free "rate your site's loading speed" sites. In each test it took a maximum of two seconds or so to load my blog. It loads for me in about one second on both my computers, a Mac and an HP notebook. So I'm not sure why it takes so long to load for you but I'm sorry! I wish it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know there was a "rate your site's loading speed". I'll bet you could figure out why Picasa won't let Bethany load another photo onto her blog's sidebar.

      Delete
  4. BAAAHAHA no I couldn't. I found out quite by accident about sites that rate your blog's loading speed. Useful info and all that. One notable such site is Pingdom. Try it! Sorry I can't help Bethany. I know just enough to be dangerous but not quite enough to be of "soyviss." *stooges soundeffect*

    ReplyDelete