Friday, April 13, 2012

My new cunning plan (shhhh, don't tell the kids!)

A couple of Sundays ago, after Jeff's birthday celebration (including the usual dinner and cake) and feeling quite exhausted, I nonchalantly said, Oh, it's Easter next Sunday. Who's hosting dinner?
Jon volunteered. 
Awesome.
So Sunday afternoon found us all at Jon and Jenny's house. 
I did not have to clean.
I made a few of the dishes, but Bethany has become roll-baker extraordinaire and Jon and Jenny took care of most of the dinner.
Here is Jenny, sauteeing sauteing (okay, that spelling was unexpected) cauliflower. 
In bacon fat. Yummmm.


Jon, adventurously stir-frying green beans and red peppers.
Not sure what the baleful look was about.
Notice Thomy at the piano in the background.


The little darling was tickling the ivories as we cooked. 


Squeaker was often to be found underfoot or being cuddled...


...or trying to nibble baby Madelyn's toes.
What is it with small dogs and their fascination with small people?


I love men in the kitchen, don't you?


Jon was suffering from sleep deprivation, as usual. 
I think he did smile a couple of times, but I never managed to catch it on camera.


Our angel's mother (who shall remain nameless at this time) forgot about the connection between sun exposure and sunburn and sunstroke. The unexpected sunshine on Saturday was the babe's undoing. Our fair skin has caused a case of sunstroke for almost every child at one time or another.


Jenny and Madelyn having a good conversation. This baby loves to babble.


Bethany and Chris managed the Easter egg hunt.
Chris was very innovative in his choices of hiding places.


I'm afraid that this has set a dangerous precedent.
Thanksgiving, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have to host Easter! I do like to see men in the kitchen, especially if they are actually working and not just being underfoot!
    Madelyn is adorable and I love the headband.

    ReplyDelete