Monday, April 22, 2013

The Freezer Fiasco

So, tell me, does this benign face of my husband show any signs of the havoc he can cause?


This living apart does have its challenges. 
The weekend after I left for New Zealand, Jeff came home so that he could have Easter dinner with the family. I had left food in the freezer so that he could take it back to the Ranch for his lunches and dinners. He left on Sunday evening.
Meanwhile, at the little love nest at the beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, I had responded to a facebook request for moving boxes and asked Bethany to pick them up if she was out by our house. I must've been inspired, because when she went into the music room to collect the boxes, she found the freezer lid wide open. This was on Friday afternoon.
Yes. The freezer was open to the elements for five whole days. Apparently, Jeff had forgotten to close the lid after he loaded up his car.
Bethany said only the food on top was partially defrosted, so no food was lost, but there was so much ice buildup that she had to chip it away before she could close the lid.

I confess to complaining long and loud about my poor sweetheart's forgetfulness. 
I may also be guilty of using his misdemeanour to my advantage when I returned home. 

So last Wednesday evening, while still suffering from jet lag and after two long days of working, I spent a couple of back-breaking hours digging all of the food out of the freezer, defrosting it, then refilling it.


To be honest, the defrost was long overdue, but don't tell Jeff, 'kay?
I think there's still a little mileage left in this one!

4 comments:

  1. Very funny, cause it wasn't me!! kja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your food didn't all spoil. I think you better keep at him for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno about that "benign" face. The hat & baby carrier may be an attempt to avoid recognition in case of surveillance cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TG would forget his brain if it were not safely lodged in his handsome pate. Got any ice cream?

    ReplyDelete