Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sleepy Saturday

You know it's a grey day when your camera flash goes off outside.

My friend, Barb, and I walked on slightly icy streets this morning.
It made for an exciting hour.

The most excitement I've had so far today.
Although, I hold out high hopes for the evening.
We have had a rare dinner invitation. 

I went out to get the mail and look for some colour.

Hello, Mr. Pukeko.
I love you all year long.
Hello Harvey.
Nice to see you're still on the job....
...keeping that eagle eye out for any interlopers.
Little Tibetan prayer rock, or some such mumbo-jumbo.
The concept is a bit new-agey for me, but it's a bright spot.
Grey, grey, grey.
But I love my little bench.

This huechera is a sweet spot of brilliance in every season.

Hello Mr. Gnome, hangin' out with the huechera.

Ah, there it is.
My super-duper mailbox, foiling the mailbox thieves.

The perennial bed at the street.
I will post pics of this next summer and you will be amazed.

Back home again, past the brave wee flag, yet proclaiming freedom to all who pass.
And yes, the sky did get bluer as time went by.
Bluer?
More blue?

And the shiny blue bird bath, which still has a modicum of surface ice if you look very carefully.

Now, I think I will have a little nap.
All this excitement plumb wore me out.

3 comments:

  1. There's something to be said for hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your garden decore, especially the bird bath. I have been looking for one for the past few years, but can't find one I really like. Most of them are gray cement. Not very pretty or decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, try Tuesday Morning when gardening season hits.

    ReplyDelete