Sunday, August 5, 2012

Green, clean, chocolate-loving machine

As I was idling away a few hours minutes on facebook the other day, I saw that Stacey, an old friend who runs a carpet-cleaning business from a nearby city, was going to be in our town the next day and was looking for some more work. 
Before I could think better of it, I told him to pay me a visit.
Eek, what was I thinking? 
We put in new carpet about three or four years ago (the years just fly by, don't they?) and I've been procrastinating the evil moment of cleaning for at least two years now. Our warranty is void unless we get the carpet professionally cleaned every 18 months. Oops! So I bit the bullet and spent the next morning moving furniture and vacuuming.


Yes, I single-handedly wrestled everything but the coffee table and the brown couch frames, which were too heavy. 


My adored rocking chair is too wide to fit through a door so it had to keep watch at the end of the hallway.


Stacey helped me move the last of the furniture and then spent the next couple of hours industriously working the carpets. He co-owns a Zerorez franchise, which doesn't use any harsh chemicals or inject too much water into your carpets, so there is no residue and it dries quickly. I was very impressed with how my music room carpet cleaned up,which is a much older carpet and very stained and spotty. Now it looks almost new again.

Consider this my wholehearted endorsement of Zerorez, the green carpet-cleaning company. 
If you have stinky, dirty, nasty carpets, give Stacey a call and tell him I sent you. 
Maybe we'll make him rich.
And maybe he'll give me a cut of the proceeds.

Kidding.
About the cut of the proceeds bit, not the calling Stacey bit.
You know that, right?

While I was moving all the knicknacks that reside on the sofa table, I fell in love again with this card that my Mum sent me several years ago. I loved it so much that I framed it.
And here it is, to sweeten your day too.

6 comments:

  1. love how freshly cleaned carpet looks and feels, makes my whole house feel clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it's time for me to have my carpets done - your look great! I don't think we have Zerorez in our area though.
    I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was you who inspired me to buy a shampooer years ago, and I still have it. Does that mean that I can blame you for the fact that I have to shampoo my own carpets? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's my strategy: give the shampooer to your daughter. Hey presto, instant excuse to hire someone.

      Delete
  4. I love that first picture. Your kids (and their kids!) look so much like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops. Meant to leave this comment on the next post! -But I'll also add that the picture with the chair at the end of the hall is kinda creepy. ;)

    ReplyDelete