Saturday, August 4, 2012

So what's up with you?

Summer is flying by and I have been distracted by some unique projects. Be on the alert for a slew of blog posts!
Enlightenment is imminent.

Jeff and I went to First Friday Art Walk last night, just on a whim. The weather was nice, our allergies have dimmed, and we both needed a break from the computers. After my usual complaint that the art walk has become a wine walk, we went into my favourite art gallery.
Art is a guilty hobby of mine and I rarely exit a gallery without a purchase.
Well, depending on whether tightwad husband is along! If I am with friends, I might carry several small treasures home with me.

I told Jeff, last night, that some day my kids are going sell off all my lovely art at a gigantic garage sale for pennies on the dollar. On the other hand, maybe my taste is so impeccable that they will divide it up without squabbling (because they are good kids that way) and treasure it forever.
Keep an eye on that for me, would ya?

Last night, Jeff would have cheerfully left the gallery without this lovely wine glass, made by a local artist by the name of Greg Johnson.


Greg makes large and small vases and bowls, as well as smaller pieces like mugs and other vessels. 
I have a thing about glass and good pottery that begs to be picked up and caressed. It's a tactile thing. Notice the lovely high gloss of the glaze and the rich colours. His work all has this signature look and I wanted to buy a larger piece, but Jeff reminded me of how much art we have packed into our relatively small house.
I conceded his point, but I wanted to get two of the wine glasses for when we drink our sparkling juice.
Nope. Wouldn't budge.
So my lovely wine glass became a vessel for the ubiquitous pistachios that grace our table.


Classiest. Pistachio. Bowl. Ever!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the enlightenment - I need all I can get!
    I like your art - I think 2 glasses for your wine is perfectly reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, keep an eye on Colleen the next time we come over or she will lick it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I hadn't thought about licking it....

      Delete
  3. I, too, have been very busy. You should stroll over to my blog and see all the fun we have been having, I am almost caught up for the summer. I love that piece of art! One of these days I am going to have to go on this art walk with you. I always like to see pretty art pieces.

    ReplyDelete