Thursday, October 18, 2012

What men love to do

Yeah, I'll bet this blog post gets a lot of unlikely hits, thanks to that title.
Maybe I should change it.
Nah!

I just counted photos in the last post.
Forty-seven.
This one has only two.
And there was much rejoicing!

So, last week I made some unusual purchases.
Unusual, in that they are rare kinds of purchases.
I found a rather large television on clearance at Freddie's. It is 3D and wi-fi and LED and was only a third of the original price.
"I'll take it," I said.
Then, of course, I had to buy a wall mount and a new Blue-ray player, as our old VCR/DVD player just didn't cut it. According to the man of the house.
I also bought five smoke detectors from Lowe's.
Of course you do!

A week has passed, and this is the TV in the rec room, all wall-hung and polished and Netflix-ready.


And these are the smoke detectors, sitting in a sad little pile in the man cave.


I think I have discovered a new weapon that is vastly superior to nagging.
It's called blogging!
Feel free to exert peer pressure on the man of the house.

P.S. The television that was replaced was about twenty years old.
In case you were wondering.

9 comments:

  1. You're so funny, Sue!!! And I think you're on to something with the new weapon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough, brother. It isn't your fault that she didn't leverage the purchase of the TV with installation of the smoke detectors. She will learn eventually, so enjoy it while you can.

    You also might want to consider repossessing her credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could invite the firemen back to install them. The fire brigade installed them in every home in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do that Sue, you'd better let everyone know so they can come to watch and get "pointers".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Donny and Danger Cat! You should do it this weekend since I will be in town. I can never get too much emergency information from hunky guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do realize you're just asking for a fire, right?

    ReplyDelete