Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A kitchen rethunk

My kitchen has felt disjointed for some time.
Ever since the living room and family room got their facelifts.
Pleasant shades of blue and brown.
The kitchen remained its old peach-tinted self.
And WAS NOT HAPPY.


I finally buckled down and chose some new tile for the countertops.
Which were installed by Handyman Ron.
A new paint job on the walls (even two coats behind the fridge) and my kitchen has a new outlook on life.


I have had a few complaints about retaining the old backsplash behind the oven.
I have to remind people (mostly my daughters) that my decorating style is "things that Sue loves."
And I LOVE my old backsplash.


Now, if I could just teach my kitchen to THINK BIG.
I've got a WEDDING CAKE to bake!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooh! Very nice! I'd like to see it in person. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! Love the tile!

    ReplyDelete