Monday, June 1, 2009

Ruminations on the idiot box

I resolve to never again watch one minute of any reality show. Or any show of which Charlie Sheen is the lead actor. I will not even ponder the fate of Jon and Kate. Or consider spending one minute of my life on a show with "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette" in the title. Now that we're entering re-run season (and I'm almost ready to say "Thank goodness for that!") it's back to watching NCIS episodes that are New To Me. Because I came late to the series and have remembered how much I like Mark Harmon.
Personally, I think Mark Harmon is sexier now that he was 20 years ago in St Elsewhere. He is a Real Man, not a Boy Toy. Plus, like me, he is showing a few signs of weathering. And he has been married to the same woman for over 20 years. I have also grown attached to the other quirky characters on the show. I can watch three episodes on a row and not get tired of them. Ohhhhhh, a sad commentary on my life! I really like "House," but I'm afraid I preferred Hugh Laurie as a comedic Brit. The angst-ridden House is a little difficult to swallow when you were raised on The Original Hugh. Here he is with Stephen Fry as Wooster and Jeeves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment