Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Down Under

I left a little late for work this morning.
Wet hair and no makeup.
In stormy weather.
Jet-lagged to the max, on about two hours sleep.
Driving on the wrong side of the road sitting on the wrong side of the car with all the sticks and levers in the wrong hands.
I noticed that gas is $2.59 and I am glad that it's a gallon and not a litre.
I almost backed over a little old lady in the Albertson's parking lot.
I left my coupon wallet at said store.
I kept turning on the wipers instead of the turn signal.
Irritated a few drivers.
I think at least one honked at me.
Had to call our credit union, which always manages to annoy me.
Still ticked at Jeff for cracking my new doumbek.
('Nother story)

It occurred to me, if Oz is "The Land Down Under" am I now the right side up?
It didn't feel like it.



Don't worry, I've still got lots of Aussie material to bore you with.
I just needed a little whinge.

3 comments:

  1. Your phrases parading as complete sentences are almost as bad as Jenny's run-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called poetic license. Because all of my writing is poetic.

    ReplyDelete