Saturday, May 19, 2012

Speaking of crafts...

...how about these babies?


I am slightly addicted to Pick Your Plum lately. 
Their daily offerings tempt the latent crafter in my soul.
In my younger mommy days I sewed and crafted up a storm, but I tend more to stalking old boyfriends on facebook in my spare time these days. However, PYP is inspiring me to indulge in a little creating of over-the-top frou-frou.

So how about these lovely little resin flowers?


I just realized that they're perched on a box of chocolates!

And these trendy and adorable ribbons?


And this assortment of buttons that are not plastic but made of some kind of nut?


I have earring backs that I think I'm going to use for some of the flowers and Bethany and I have been looking at hairclip ideas and such, but I'm open to suggestions.
Fire away, my friends.

P.S. You knew I was joking about the old boyfriends thing, right?
P.P.S. Well, kind-a.

9 comments:

  1. One word for you.... Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Pintrest. Also, you make a ring or necklace with the resin flowers. Way cute stuff. I really can't go to that site or my husband would kill me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. admit it, sue. you secretly love pinterest. you're just too stubborn to give into it's awesomeness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it, Sam! There's a reason I'm not signing up. I do get on there once in a while when a friend pins something, but I shall keep it to a mild dabble for now.

      Delete
  4. How about this cute and easy bracelet?
    http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/05/a-great-diy-gift-idea-make-an-adjustable-ribbon-bracelet-tutorial.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FOivM+%28Tatertots+and+Jello%29

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Nicole. Thanks so much. BTW, those little flowers are called cabochons.

      Delete
  5. "In my younger mommy days I sewed and crafted up a storm, but I tend more to stalking old boyfriends on facebook in my spare time these days."

    That line is pure gold. And I did NOT know you were "joking" ....

    *ROFLMHO*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did amend the statement with "kinda"!

      Delete
    2. Jenny, how come you get me better than anyone?

      Delete