Monday, June 10, 2013

Twiddles with the kiddles

Thomy and Jeff both have birthdays in May.
Just like Anne and me.
So, rather than add to their overflowing accumulation of toys, Papa and I took them for a birthday outing somewhere in the middle of the month. We visited the Portland Aquarium and then hit Polar Bear Yogurt on the way home. It was a splendiferous day.

Short aside: I had bought coupons from Sharing Spree, a company that supposedly donates part of each purchase to charity. As I was checking on redemption protocols, I discovered that the owner had not being paying the merchants or the charities, and had declared bankruptcy. Luckily, the aquarium was still honouring coupons. Then I found out that the owners of the aquarium had been in trouble with the law for illegal harvesting of marine animals.
Awesome planning on my part.

In spite of it all, I was impressed with the facility and staff and will return.
And we bought some stingray food and mementos to make up for the free admission.
Feeding the stingrays was thrilling.

Thomy, eye to eye with a large fish.


You know I love jellyfish.


The diver was rather creepy and the boys were leery.


Thomy, tickling a ray.


Enjoying a frozen yogurt.


###############%%%%%%%%###############

On Memorial Day, Bethany and family were out at the Ranch with us. Monday was rainy, so Natalie was the only brave soul to accompany me to the service.


Don't let those big blue eyes fool you; the girl is full of vinegar!


Sunday, however, was sunny and bright, so after church we went down into the canyon and visited the lake. The kids chased ducks and fed them crackers.


The pond (very small lake) is populated by a multitude of yellow-headed blackbirds, which Jeff and I find very fascinating.


We like to sit and watch them flitting around, perching on the tippy-tops of the cat-tails, and feeding their chicks in their nests in the surrounding trees. 


Back at the house, Daniel loves to weed, and there is lots of it to do.



###################%%%%%%%%%%##################

The kids were over for dinner on Mothers' Day, and afterwards we went down the road to some open ground so that everyone (including Wrangler) could run around. 
Madelyn loves a little freedom.


So does Wrangler, and he plumb wore himself out. I walked him home before everyone else so that he could get a drink of water.
This is what Thirsty Wrangler looks like.


And this is Tired Wrangler.


#################%%%%%%%%%################

And, lastly, a look at the wee one, who is gaining weight rapidly and will soon be almost as big as my newborns.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen or even heard of a yellow headed blackbird, but they're pretty!
    Speaking of pretty, your grandkids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah that thirsty picture of wrangler cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know me ... I love Wrangler in all his iterations.

    ReplyDelete