Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ring Out, Wild Bells!

There's a wad of undocumented Osborne shenanigans waiting for my attention. And because this is the record of my life, you will just have to soldier on. 
Or check out. 
I suppose you could do that. 
Just don't tell me, 'kay? I'm sensitive.

Jeff and I spent the weekend before New Year's Day house-hunting on the other side of Oregon, as previously told. On our way home, as we drove through such magical scenery as this,


I said to The Man, I think I need to throw a New Year's Eve party. 
Because, you see, other than the house search, which was very exciting, we had been quite bored. The temperatures had been too cold to do much outside exploring, so we were confined to the hotel for much of the time. And I didn't want to be bored any more!
So I did.

It was a small, eclectic group, and we ate delicacies and played a silly game and enjoyed each others' company.
Christie brought some penguin hors d'oeuvres that were the hit of the night. 
Olives, cream cheese, carrots, and pimientos, if I remember correctly.


And Ellen, who is getting to be quite famous for her decorated cookies, played to the theme of the evening.


The stalwarts lasted until 11:30 pm, which is almost a record.
Don't laugh. You will be old some day too!

The next day, Jon and his old bestie, Ryan, came over. The three boys played shoot-'em-up video games all day. It was nostalgic, because Jon and Ryan used to sit out in this room when it was Jon's bedroom (as well as the rec room) and play Star Wars card games, surrounded by Star Wars action figures and a large Yoda and with the movie playing on the old television. It was the ultimate Star Wars immersion and so cute you just wanted to freeze them in time forever.

Here they are from the front.


And here they are from the back.
And yes, there are two televisions in the action.


And that's pretty much all I saw of them till Ryan had to go home.

P.S. Do you see that old wooden chair that Jon is using? I have great plans for that chair and its partner, which I acquired on Freecycle. A bit of creative painting (I speak in hopeful terms here) and they will be spirited away to the new house. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and interesting commentary as always..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are just gorgeous!
    I'm also impressed with the penguins and the cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get gamers. Why get together? Unless they were playing each other ..... on their different screens. But still, I don't get them.

    Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those penguins have blue eyes ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again. Your comment just got caught in the spam filter. It happens. I can't control it. It happens to me on websites too. So I freed it but thanks for bringing it to my attention because otherwise I might not have noticed!

    ReplyDelete