Monday, January 28, 2013

The sports fan

Our Josh is a true-blue sports fan.
He comes by the trait honestly, from his Dad.  The child has been keeping track of game scores for several years now, surprising us all with his affinity for numbers at an early age.
His birthday present from Nana and Papa this year was an outing with Papa to a Timbers' game in September.
Yep, running just a little behind in the journaling part of the blog. 
The Timbers are Portland's soccer players. I think soccer may be Josh's favourite game, so I went through all kinds of conniptions finding tickets on the secondary market, as all of the games were already sold out for the season. That's how fanatical Portlanders are about their Timbers!

I was very noble and let Jeff do the honours on this one.
Did you catch my sarcasm there? Because you know how I love sports!

I made the boy some oatmeal gf/df cookies to take for snacks, figuring there would be little that he could eat at the game.
Plus, I'm cheap like that.
And I made him a smoothie, which he didn't finish all the way so he took it with him to drink in the car.
I found it in Jeff's car in a curdled clump a few days later.
That boy!


Yep, there's that smoothie cup!


He is just as cute as can be, and gets so enthused about sports that I have to chuckle.


The seats were in the nosebleed section but the view was great and they took binoculars.


So much for my frugal leanings. Papa just had to buy him a Timbers hat that was a little on the side of large.
He looks as cool as a cucumber, doesn't he?


We love this boy.

2 comments:

  1. What a great memory making time! Love the picture of him in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, TG will have a time someday taking little Andrew to games. What a wonderful thing for Jeff and Josh.

    ReplyDelete