Monday, February 11, 2013

Kids in the Kitchen

Daniel came for a sleepover shortly before Christmas. 
Applesauce was on my agenda.
Daniel turned out to be quite the pro at slicing the apples...


...after Papa peeled and cored them.


Notice how sneakily I got out of any hard work there!
Jeff and I love chunky applesauce, flavoured only with a few cinnamon red-hots. We didn't have any of those little candies this time, so I used some spicy Cinnamon Discs. 
Daniel would not sample the delicious applesauce that resulted from our labours, which left all the more for us!

We also made shortbread to give to our friends.
Daniel had some mad mixing skills.
Just look at the power in those forearms!


I think his favourite job was pressing the shortbread dough into the moulds.
It obviously needed lots of concentration.


Kenzie is technically sitting in the kitchen, although she's not cooking. She made Madelyn some hairbands for Christmas, and here she is sewing the elastic into a loop.


Jeff had his first sleepover ever at our house after Christmas. He was Papa's little shadow for about 24 hours. 
And the little elf with the happy grin needs no introduction. 


We do love the time we spend with our grandkids.
And did I mention that we have two more on the way?
Annie and Samantha are both expecting little girls and are due in May.
We can't wait to cuddle them.

3 comments:

  1. I can hardly handle all this cuteness! And congratulations on the next 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you lucky duck. When you mentioned Sam needing to stop for snacks the other day on your trip, I wondered. Congratulations. I need two husbands for my girls and a wife for my son before I can hope for more grands. Chop Chop, I tell them all the time. Thanks for sharing my post on FB. I am humbled and I only hope someday people will come to their senses.

    ReplyDelete