Thursday, February 7, 2013

Vista House

I am not fond of the well-established moniker of our new house. 
Well, I say "our new house", but we haven't actually closed on it yet.
Sigh.
Hopefully next week.
Anyway.
Jeff said I can't change its name because people around there refer to it by said name.
So "Vista House" it shall remain.
And, to be fair, it certainly has the vistas.
This, from the front door:


As the sun dips over the horizon, we often see deer in the front scrub garden.


 And then we get the best views of all.


<<<<<<<<<<<<<<000>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Apropos of nothing, the first weekend I spent at The House, we stopped in at the Habitat Restore looking for nothing in particular and found this old, hardly-used toaster oven for five dollars. I was ecstatic, because no kitchen is complete without a toaster oven, in my opinion. Imagine my loud delight when we got to the checkout counter and the guy said it was $2.50. Half off all silver labels that week. My yelp of happiness may or may not have embarrassed my husband.


<<<<<<<<<<<<<<000>>>>>>>>>>>>.

We took a little drive out to Smith Rock, mecca of rock climbers everywhere.


Just a little bit beautiful, non?

5 comments:

  1. I want to come hiking!!! ...and you can cook me up something in your oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. Beautiful scenery. Exciting times.


    on another thought, check out Greg Brown, Canned Goods, don't start with the live version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-0ZCqga48

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful area. You are so lucky to have such gorgeous views from your new house.

    ReplyDelete