Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Godspeed Charlie

Very early on Thursday morning, Charlie took us to the airport. In an ironic twist of planning, we were scheduled to leave a day before him. Thank you, Marine Corps, for making life interesting once again. They seem to be unable or unwilling to make a plan and stick to it.


Bethany took the family responsibility on her tender shoulders and took Charlie to the PDX on Friday morning. Things were a little (!) emotional.


I had contacted the fearless leader of the Oregon Soldiers' Angels, Sherry Crenshaw, who promised that she would organize a memorable send-off for our Marine. She is a member of the Patriot Guard, which turned out in fine form. These men and women might look a bit rugged, but they are some of the best-hearted people you could ever want to meet.


The honour guard....


...and a prayer circle.


Please, God, take care of our boy.

6 comments:

  1. OK, Sue, that totally makes me cry. Took his name (and your's) to the temple, the other night. . . .You're all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. It made me teary too. I'm just too good sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad you couldn't be there, but what a nice send-off he had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats, now I can't see through the tears. I was doing OK till I got to the picture of the honor guard. Thank God for our guys and gals in uniform. And thank Charlie for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures. I know full well the emotion involved! Thank you, Charlie, for your service to our country.

    ReplyDelete