Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let's hear it for the boy!

Charlie and Annie are home.


Charlie drove home from San Diego through the night.
Sixteen hours, on his own.
I was impressed....till I found the caffeine shots in his truck.
Ah, that's how he did it!
Still, his Marine training is showing.

The house has been crawling with family and friends all week.
Grandchildren having sleepovers.


Daniel and Joshua adore their Uncle Charlie.

My schedule has gone crazy, trying to fit in all the family stuff as well as work.
On Wednesday, for the first time, I missed a music therapy session.
I remembered at 11:30 on Thursday night.
A symptom of my recent cognitive dissonance.
Partly stress over our upcoming trips.
But mostly, I suspect, at the prospect of Charlie's deployment.
It is no longer an intellectual exercise, but reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment