Friday, November 26, 2010

Gluten-free boy

I splurged on some Bob's Red Mill almond flour a few weeks ago. I had seen some gluten-free cookie recipes that I wanted to try for Josh. The added complication of being dairy free makes finding a good recipe something of a challenge, so I'm always looking for the magic bullet. 
So, I made the cookies.
I would give you the recipe, but you probably don't want it because the almond flour is about a dollar a cup. 
[Seriously.
Even at half-price.
I did the math.
After I bought it.]
Plus, I meddled with it.
You know how I am.

I thought they were quite yummy, but Bethany and Josh were ambivalent.
As in, I visited their house a few weeks later and the cookies were still in the freezer.
Untouched.
I was a little peeved.
While I was there, I talked Josh into trying them again, and this time he decided he liked them.
Luckily, I had stashed some of the dough in my freezer, so every time he has been at our house lately I've made him a small batch of cookies in the toaster oven. After they are baked, I place a small sliver of dark Scharffenberger chocolate atop each cookie. When it has melted, it spreads nicely over the cookie.

Daniel and Josh spent the night on Wednesday.
They watched Rudy with Papa and spent the night sleeping on the floor of the family room, in front of the dwindling fire.
Josh asked for some of his special cookies.
He likes to eat them fresh out of the oven.


I live just to see that look of satisfaction on the little guy's face.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good grandma. I love the look of contentment all the chocolate on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudy! I love Rudy!

    The cookies look good. I want one.

    ReplyDelete