Sunday, November 14, 2010

Music galore

I sometimes go to Amazon.com and peruse their free music. I've discovered some fun bands this way. Today, I was checking out HeyIt'sFree, which you will see on my side bar, and I noticed some free Veggie Tales Christmas music. I thought my grandkids might like it, so I downloaded it for them.
Bethany is playing Christmas music already, you see. She waits until after Halloween to begin, which is thoughtful of her, don't you think?

Bethany, the pregnant one.
The one who said, I forgot how terrible I feel when I'm pregnant. You think after four kids I would remember.
Yes, my darling girl, but we all remember!

Anyway.
I was exploring some of the other free music and found some wonderful collections of classical music for only $1.99.
The 99 Most Essential Piano Pieces.
$1.99.
The 99 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music.
$1.99.
The 99 Most Essential Christmas Masterpieces.
You guessed it: $1.99.

There are more.
If you want to download music from Amazon, you will need to create an account and download their music software, but it is well worth the small effort.
My laptop is in the process of downloading about 350 songs.
We may be up for a while.

And now, a wee diversion, because I know you all live to see photos of my adorable family.
Here are some from the night of Bethany's birthday dinner.
My family room was rearranged to make room for Jon's new XBox game.
I don't think Jeff moved a muscle.

7 comments:

  1. hahahaha i love josh's face in the 3rd picture. i'm still laughing :)
    and yes, i'm commenting at 1:40 in the morning. i'm going to bed now, i promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would love the 99 darkest pieces of classical music!

    Tell Bethany that, when pregnant with Andrew, I still remember the sensation of being nauseated IN MY SLEEP. As in, while sleeping I was still nauseated and knew it.

    Top that. =:~/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the next grandbaby. For Jeff you could substitute Wade sitting in that corner. I think they have lots in common, although they have not yet been introduced!! I have lots of pictures of Wade just observing while everybody else is having the fun. When is the baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is this Bethany's official announcement of pregnancy? Congrats to her!! And that must be the new xbox kinect, right? Does it really work well not having any controls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, Josh does the best "gleeful" face, doesn't he?
    Jenny, yes, you would like it. And the girls in our family have revolting pregnancies, so I relate.
    Deb, I can just see Wade sitting in the corner, in that exact pose! Due date, end of June.
    Lindsay, I hope I didn't jump the gun, but the kids all know, so I guess I assumed it was okay to say something. And yes, it's the Kinect. Jon seems to be impressed by it. I didn't pay a lot of attention, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey just had to make a comment here about the Kinect. My husband helped to program the Kinect adventures, the game that came with it and my kids helped to test it.. Way fun! Also I remember all too well feeling sick when I was pregnant, congratulations to Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey, the Kinect is a lot of fun. It works well if you take the time to set it up right and if you run the Kinect ID several times like it tells you to. That night from mom's pictures the machine was struggling a bit because the kids kept jumping up in the back and kinect couldn't tell who was who.

    ReplyDelete