Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Removing temptation

Getting some raving deals on chocolate before Halloween
 +
No trick-or-treaters at our house
 =
Too much chocolate in my tummy.

So, this morning, I came up with a cunning plan, involving this machine.

My nifty vacuum sealer, purchased at Costco this year.
I mostly bought it so that I could seal up homemade goodies to send to soldiers overseas. Sometimes they take a month to reach the soldier and I hate to think that all my effort resulted in a mess of stale cookies. I've also bagged up dried strawberries and blueberries. 
Now, the chocolate is ferreted away, both removing temptation and adding some frivolity to my food storage.
Because you know, if everything falls to pieces, I will require some frivolity.

Also added today, some freeze-dried, grated cheese.

Ain't technology grand?

Oh, and let's hear a woot! woot! for the election results yesterday.
Except for Oregon, of course, where it is business as usual.
Sad.

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid a simple pair of scissors would quickly undue all my efforts to store chocolate ... especially Reese's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sorry to hear about your governor's race. RATS.

    If I got into the ferreted-away frivolity every time things fell to pieces, all I'd consume would be frivolity. No can do. I'm like an old drunk when it comes to sweets. None shall pass my threshold.

    But you have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say "fall to pieces" Jenny, I mean REALLY fall to pieces. As in "the collapse of society". So, see, I really would need frivolity.
    Brenda, there's something about a vacuum seal that takes away my will to raid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing that chocolate sealed up like that made me laugh. :) That's my kind of food storage! I think it would probably make me hesitate before breaking into too, at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete