Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday song for Jeff, or "It's a Costco Birthday!"

Feel free to sing along with Jeff.


On the first day of my birthday week my true love gave to me
A sound bar for our flat screen TV.


And then I spent hours figuring out how to get it to work.
With a little help from Jon
Well, a lot of help from Jon.


On the next day of my birthday week my true love gave to me
A history book...



(it's a good one too)
...and a sound bar for our flat screen TV.

On the third day of my birthday week my true love gave to me
Two trekking poles...



...a history book
and a sound bar for our flat screen TV.

Now I have to take my true love hiking, 'cause she got two for herself as well.


On the fourth day of my birthday week my true love gave to me
Another nifty book...



(it must be a good one 'cause Glenn Beck says so)
...two trekking poles
a history book
and a sound bar for our flat screen TV.

On my birthday (today!) my true love gave to me
A fi-i-shing pole.


(now I can go not land a fish any time I want)
Another nifty book
two trekking poles
a history book
(sing it loudly now)
And a sound bar for our flat screen TV.


Yes, I know it's only five days, but that's all there is.


The End.


Ain't it wunnerful to be singing Christmas songs in March?

10 comments:

  1. Haha! Returning the earworm favor, I see. BTW, your pictures aren't showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted's little brother just gave me the book 'Unbroken' to read. Now I'm even more excited. :) Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read Unbroken and LOVED it!!! Cute post with the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!!! (I like that birthday-week idea...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Lindsay. A whole week of b-day seems good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. A whole birthday week full of gifts. So fun and I love the song:) I hear Unbroken is a wonderful book. It is on my goodreads list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think I shall have to read Unbroken after Jeff is finished. You do all realize that it's Jeff's birthday, right? Not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's a suggestion ..... change the words to "that my true love got from meeeee"! (Happy birthday Jeff.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome post! And what a genuinely fabulous true love you are! Happy Birthday, Jeff.

    Those books look great. Someday we'll get a flatscreen TV and I didn't even know from sound bars until now. And trekking poles ????? I need a pair of those to navigate Findlay Park ... or a hike to the mailbox.

    Happy Weekend, Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Jeff spoiled you good!

    ReplyDelete