Sunday, August 7, 2011

In case you were losing sleep


Here ya go.
It was a little heavy on Shakespeare and Dickens.
Sorry about that.

  1. Sense and Sensibility, of course. Jane Austen.
  2. Hamlet. Shakespeare. I know, not a book, but all the classic lists include W.S.
  3. A Study in Scarlet. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  4. Return of the King. Tolkien.
  5. Great Expectations. Dickens.
  6. The Mill on the Floss. George Eliot. I just finished reading this one and I'm telling you, Don't do it! I struggled through it and the ending killed me.
  7. Hard Times. Dickens.
  8. Bleak House. Dickens. Told you.
  9. The Turn of the Screw. Henry James.
  10. As You Like It. W.S.
  11. The Grapes of Wrath. Steinbeck. Haven't read this one, I'm afraid it will depress me. 
  12. The Good Earth. Pearl S. Buck.
That was kind of fun, wasn't it? 
Feel free to make your own list, so that Lindsay and I can lose some more sleep.

2 comments:

  1. See, I should've gotten A Study in Scarlet because I love SH and Sir ACD. But all I could think of was The Scarlet Letter and that didn't fit.

    And YES Hobbit, it would've been nice to know some were the titles of plays!

    You're forgiven. I wouldn't have guessed them all anyway ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad a got a few of them. But a couple I've never heard of! Good Game, Sue. Good game. ;)

    ReplyDelete