Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eating on my mind

As usual.

So here's the annual peach shortcake.
I tried to cook it in a solar oven but I've got some refining of the process to do.
Actually, I think I need a different pan.
Go here for the recipe, if you feel inclined towards yumminess.


Remember the tomato cages I proudly built?
They're paying off in spades.
It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that these were supposed to be yellow!
Hillbillies.
Jeff says they're very sweet and juicy.
I wouldn't know.
I don't eat tomatoes.


The first red tomatoes harvested a couple of weeks ago.


And now I'm slow-roasting about a pan a day for the freezer.
Actually, I put it in the oven before I go to bed and wake up to the smell of pasta sauce in the morning.


Which goes very nicely with some home-made bread, full of flax seed and other goodies.


And the obligatory chocolate for dessert.
I found this gorgeous bar at Grocery Outlet, my source of all things delicious.


Are you hungry yet?

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty. We have some yellow tomatoes too and they are very tasty. They make our canned salsa look gorgeous. I'd like the recipe for your towering bread too, please:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, It's your basic white bread recipe from the bread machine cookbook. I usually add half whole wheat flour but I need to grind some. I just add some 8-grain cereal, about 1/4 to 1/2 c, a heaping spoonful of ground flaxseed, and a teaspoon or two of chia seed. Then i keep an eye on it as it mixes and add water till it's the right consistency. I would say about 1/4 extra water. Oh, and I use honey instead of sugar.

    ReplyDelete