Friday, February 28, 2014

Number eleven

Why, yes I did spend a lovely three whole days with grandchild number eleven. 
In spite of windy Denver.
It has been almost six months since I have seen London and she is nine months old now, so I was surprised when she smiled at me as I sat next to her in the car, and it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. The child is a delight, sunny and good-natured. And she loves me!

We ate at Burger Fi the first night. 
London enjoyed the lemon I ordered for my drink.


And she demolished the hashbrowns off my Breakfast All Day Burger.


I don't know.
Hashbrowns on a burger just doesn't seem right.

London has a bath at 7:30 every night, which is a good thing because she wears a lot of her food by then. 
She is a true water baby and loves it.


On Sunday evening, we took a little walk and Charlie worked on scent-training Wrangler. The puppy is now 98 pounds and is a force of nature.


The boy loves his dog.


London sat snugly in her stroller, while Nana froze her bones. The wind had kicked up and I wasn't quite prepared for Texas to be cold.


The mealtime ritual is that Wrangler hovers around the high chair and snaps up anything that hits the floor. He also licks London's fingers and anything else that is within range. And then, after she has gone, he does a thorough job of cleaning up anything that she has missed.


And sometimes, Nana catches him with his tongue out.
Silly dog.


Sam and I did a lot of cooking while I was there. One time, I heard Wrangler making a slurping sound, and I thought to myself, Wait a minute, his water bowl isn't in here! and when I walked around the island, he was eating an egg that had fallen on the floor, shell and all!
Nothing gets past this boy.


On Monday evening, we walked around downtown Wylie and visited this park. 
London had her first swing ride.


And then a slide with Daddy.


Before I knew it, it was time to go back home.
But first, I took some photos of London looking at the books that Aunty Jenny sent.
The girl loves her books, especially when they make noise.


And then I came home and it all seems like a dream.
But I have photos.
Lots of them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word - that is one beautiful baby! And those eyes are gorgeous! Glad you had fun with them. (And of course she loves you) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denver ... Texas ... London ... where are you

    ReplyDelete