Thursday, March 26, 2009

A small rant

I can't figure out why people drink bottled water.

Let's look at the reasons to NOT drink it.

1. It takes lots of energy (think "terrorist oil") to produce the empty bottles and ship the full ones.
2. The discarded bottles use up lots of landfill space.
3. Messy people create litter when they don't bother to throw them away in a rubbish bin.
4. It is expensive.
5. Most of the time it doesn't even taste very good.
6. Bottled water is often plain old tap water.
7. Most bottled water is wasted. When was the last time you went to a function and DIDN'T see mostly-full bottles of water being tossed away.
8. It takes up grocery store shelf space that could be used more productively by purveyors of CHOCOLATE.
9. Sometimes, INNOCENT BYSTANDERS GET HIT IN THE HEAD BY A FULL BOTTLE OF WATER THAT IS BEING KICKED AROUND BY STUPID TEENAGERS.
10. I'll think of another one in a minute.

Now, the reasons TO drink bottled water.

Ummmmmm.

1. The REALLY EXPENSIVE ones taste good.
But so does the water from my Brita pitchers, of which I have two in my fridge.


2. Water in third world countries is not safe to drink.
But let's see....we're not in a third world country, are we?
3. If not for bottled water, we would use more paper cups.
So carry a nice eco-water bottle already.
Like this:


Here is the link to these nifty Eco bottles. They are a little spendier than plastic bottles but healthier for you and sturdier.

Now, are you convinced?

P.S. Did you notice I further refined my linking skills?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you've refined your linking skills. It took me a long to figure that out when I started.

    Bottled water? I drink tap water. However. When away from home and I've neglected to bring a plastic bottle filled with tap water, and get very thirsty, I'm happy to find bottled water in the coolers at the store.

    Years ago we had to drink nasty tasting water from public water fountains that invariably had a wad of chewing gum on the drain.

    ReplyDelete