Monday, January 18, 2010

The Monday Militia

What did Nana do today?
She went shooting with Jon, Jeff and B.
The guns belong to B., who has a passion for the topic and subscribes to rule # 5 of gun ownership: You can never have too many guns.
Jon, as usual, dressed appropriately for the occasion, except he forgot that it was cold, so he shivered the whole time. He gets annoyed with me for thinking he's cute and funny, but I ask you, how can I not? He's trying not to smile.
B. owns four hand guns, so we got to try out several different calibers and makes. See how intelligent I am already on the subject?
Jon, trying out a very beautiful rifle. Note the cool scope.

You may have noticed that there are no photos of me, shooting. There's a reason for that. Nobody, but nobody, gets to take a photo of my backside in shooting stance. But here is my target from the rifle shots. My group is the tidy little cluster in the SSW corner. Woot woot for me!
Mind you, I did use the closest target. Here are the boys, walking to the back of the range to check their targets.
Aren't they cute?
If you want to read up on women and guns, check out the Women of Caliber blog on the Blog Roll.

George Washington said, "A free people ought to be armed."
I do believe I am beginning to feel quite enthusiastic on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment