Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moving on

Elder O. left yesterday. He's been in our town for six months and we (I) got very attached to him. He loves my cooking. Therefore, I love him. Every time he saw me at church he would ask, When are we coming to your house for dinner again? And then he would eat everything in sight. The missionaries came over for dinner a lot. We had them over the day after Father's Day because no one else had signed up to feed them. I told them no one else wanted them. We had leftovers: pulled pork on homemade hoagie rolls. Goodbye leftovers. More to come on that topic, but enough of food already.
Elder O. is friendly and sweet-natured and smart and funny and kind to his companions even when they're slightly weird. So I will miss him. 
Darn that obedience thing! 
You know, the "I'll go where you want me to go" thing.
For you non-LDS readers, that's an inside joke.
Sorry.

I'm thinking about writing his Mom and asking if I can have him.
Think she'll go for it?

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together?  I guess that wouldn't work.  Someone would leave.  Someone always leaves.  Then we would have to say good-bye.  I hate good-byes.  I know what I need.  I need more hellos.  ~Charles M. Schulz
Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.  ~A.A. Milne

2 comments:

  1. Aww I liked him!!! He was a good guy! Too bad I don't have a younger sister for him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way to tell if I really love you is if I simply refuse to say goodbye, even if you're leaving. I just smile and say "See you again soon!" and walk away fast before they see my tears (if there are any). You'll find plenty of others to love your cooking, Sue. I myself cannot resist pulled pork on a hoagie roll!

    ReplyDelete