Thursday, June 17, 2010

Saturday's child

I know what it is about me that feels like a failure if I don't have anything tangible to show for my day.
I was born on Saturday.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the poem, it goes like this:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving, 
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I looked up the birth days of my kids, just for the heck of it. 
Because I have birthing amnesia and couldn't remember a one!
Bethany and Annie were Sunday babies, Jon on Tuesday and Charlie on Monday.
Go figure.
This website will tell you what day you were born.

So this week, I made some progress on using all my fabric stash. Only not much, because I got sucked into buying these irresistible lovelies. At least I used up all the new purchases and used a few existing ribbons and laces besides.
This shirred fabric sewed up quickly into sun-dresses for Kenzie. It is priced by the inch, if you can believe it. Kenzie likes them, but I'm not sure if I'm very happy with how the shoulder straps turned out.
Why, oh why, can I not resist adorable baby flannel? I sent the last batch of baby blankets to Haiti. Wonder where these will end up? Lovelovelove the roses.
So, Bethany and the kids came over this afternoon. Almost as soon as they got here, Daniel started nagging me to have a sleepover. We went through several scenarios, with me saying an emphatic No to each one. It promises to be a busy weekend and I suggested that next weekend might be better. After his asking me about 20 times and me answering the same way, I finally caved and said that he could stay tonight. He smiled quietly to himself and started making plans for Papa. I told him Papa has  to work tomorrow but he said that was okay, Papa could play tonight.

A little while later, I went into the living room and found this:
Apparently, my reputation as a pushover is assured. He never had any doubt but that I would say "Yes".

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard that poem before so of course I had to look it up. I'm a Saturday too! That's explains why I've always got the "got-to-be-productive" jitters on the weekend. Too bad my laziness wins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to resist those sweet faces. I bet Papa wasn't a bit upset either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that poem many times and wondered what day I was born on. I was born on Tuesday, don't really think of myself as "full of grace", though.
    I love the fabric you found and the cute dresses you made.

    ReplyDelete