Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bad Nana

One day last week, Jenny asked me if I would watch the boys while she kept an appointment.
What's more, she asked if they could stay until Papa got home, because the boys wanted to see him.
Now, you have to understand that this was a rare occasion, because Thomy and Jeff don't like to be away from their mother for very long, and she is always reluctant to leave them. 
So, of course, I said Yes.
While feeling quietly smug.
It only took two years to get here, folks!

We had a pretty good time, playing and eating rocket popsicles...

...for several hours.
Take note of their, as yet, unscathed appearance.

Then little Jeff fell down and bloodied his knee.
A Band-aid was adamantly refused.
Then, just as they were getting ready for Papa to drop them off at home, Thomy tripped and banged his face on a corner of the piano bench.

He said, through his tears, I think maybe I shouldn't have been here.
Which statement has not yet been processed by my feeble brain.
I have a feeling it may be a while before I am entrusted with my Peruvian boys again.

4 comments:

  1. You should make it a point to always return things in better condition than you got them. Fail! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I just posted a comment that wouldn't post. Here goes again.

    I SAID ...

    Oh, it's so awful when they get hurt on your lookout! When my granddaughters are here I live in fear they'll fall or get otherwise scathed. But little boys get banged up ... that's part of the fun of being a kid. They'll survive and so will their mama. Don't add to the angst by beating yourself up, Sue! LOLOL have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so sad!!! Poor Thomy. He does know it wasn't YOUR fault right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, not sure, Annie. One never knows.

    ReplyDelete