Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

Summer concerts in the park.
Some people are all about the food.
Some are about the booze.
Oh, and don't forget the Farmers' Market.
Me, I'm all about the music.
Tonight, Igor's Jazz Cowboys at the park, on a perfect summer evening.
With Bethany and four of my favourite kids.
Come and see what you missed.
Or were you there and saw me making a fool of myself?
Daniel did not deign to dance, but sat wrapped in a blanket, eating his free popcorn.
Then Sule Wilson, the percussionist, started a conga line.
I was right there behind him.
Natalie was game and tripped along beside me.
Kenzie was embarrassed.
So was Josh.
A new high note, don't you think?
Embarrassing my grandkids.
I'm the one in the old lady straw hat.

And yes, of course I bought a CD!

5 comments:

  1. Not embarrassing! Grandma knows how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! We live to embarass our children don't we? Whether it's our opinions or actions, somebody somewhere will be offended.After all, that is the point! Be an individual and have fun doing it. Glad you got to take your grandkids to something fun that was slipping in a little music appreciation and culture on the side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast! The grandkids should lighten up and join in the fun. Just follow grandma, she will lead the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love embarrassing my kids! Your grandchildren certainly are energetic. I love it. But I want to hear about your reunion last weekend! Cough it up, grandma! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. As requested. But the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete