Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rampant Garden II

I saved some kabocha squash seeds last year.
Farmer Brown tells me that they may not be true to type because of all of the different varieties of squash they grow at the Mustard Seed.
Oops.
But so far, they're looking pretty true.
And huge.
This bed has two blueberry bushes, about ten apple cucumbers, and one GIGANTIC kabocha in it.


If you look really carefully, you can almost see the plants that are not kabocha.
It is also encroaching on the grape vines, which are over 5 feet tall.


This may not be the best idea I had all year.

On a happier note, my lemon tree is back from the dead.


I was sure that it had died in the cold spell over Christmas.
There was no sign of life at all.
But I kept it watered and sat it in the sun all spring, hoping against all hope that it would revive.
And darned if it didn't!
Jeff calls it my lemon bush.
Maybe next year it will give me lemons again.
If it survives another winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment