Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Holiday

Have I mentioned that Jeff and I are going to the beach for the long weekend? Slightly excited, I am. When I was a kid, summer holidays were a big deal. The English didn't travel much back then. I went to school with children who had never ventured out of their county, let alone been to the seaside. I think our family went every year. My Dad was an adventurous one. THE SONG to sing as we wended our way very slowly along the English roads and motorways was "Summer Holiday," by Cliff Richards. Those of you who are not English probably have NO IDEA who Cliff is. But let me tell you, in England he is a big deal. Still performing today, he is the only artist, other than Elvis, to have a song on the UK singles hit chart in all of its decades, from the 1950's till now. Plus, he's cute. Still is, if you ask me. And I know cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment