Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bits and pieces on a rainy day

The week has turned stormy. Yesterday was almost like summer and now the trees are being whipped in the wind and the rain is relentless. Kenzie has gone home after an afternoon of shopping with Bethany and Josh and Natalie. I managed to talk myself out of buying anything, so it was only minimally fun.
I was awake for a while on Saturday night and all of a sudden it hit me. Ack! I forgot to make the last payment on the new piano! Now, how could I possibly just forget to pay $2,000+? So after sending the money off to the piano store, I am being frugal until I know how much we owe on taxes. Because you know, we will owe, we always do.

Wow. That wasn't a very entertaining story, was it?
Here, to make up for the non-entertaining story, is a word from Maxine.

Annie took this photo of me when I was in North Carolina. I don't make a habit of posting gratuitous photos of myself. Usually, when I see a photo of me, I think, Oh, really.....is this how other people see me? But aren't I still 25 and 110lbs?
Apparently not.
But at least I'm having a good time.
And I think that this "me" is the one with which I can live.

Tomorrow, some friends and I are off to the Better Living Fair at the Expo Centre. Lots of good ideas on green living and sustainability. Then on Saturday down to Lebanon for an all-day Basic Firearms Safety course. I shall tote the camera and be back with entertaining stories and maybe even a life-changing notion or two.
Liberal on Friday.
Conservative on Saturday.
It's very conflicting to be me.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

5 comments:

  1. I love the joke and the picture of you is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smile on your face in this pic. It's pure happiness. Gotta savor those moments, like fruit 'n nut Toblerones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Only smiling doesn't make me sick like eating a whole Toblerone does. :-[

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laughs! Just a minute ago I was crying over another friends blog entry. (No I was not laughing at your picture- that is a great picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments make my day! Deb

    ReplyDelete