Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy Babes, Tired Nana

WARNING: If you are lukewarm in your adoration of my grandbabies, you may be slightly bored by this post.

Josh and Natalie arrived at ten a.m.
The first order of business was their second breakfast of the day.
Natalie said, "Nana, I have Cheerios at home. I wub it."
"Wow, Natalie, you love Cheerios?"
"No. I wub it."

If you click on the collage, you will get a better look.

Next on the agenda were legos. These two get along so well, playing side by side and having little conversations. I love to sit and watch them, but today I was doing laundry and trying to work up the nerve to get out of my robe and into my jeans.

Natalie is working on potty-training and has a perpetual bum crack. Jeff said it's genetic. My Dad was a plumber, don't you know? But I want it known here and forever that he NEVER sported a bum crack. Josh was wearing his pants backwards, as usual, but on one of the many potty trips of the morning he remedied the situation so I missed the photo op.

After I got dressed, we dragged the scooters out of the shed and took a walk. The sun was out, there was a brisk wind, and we were happy to be outside.

Listening to water trickling down the storm drain.

Dandelions are the flowers of choice for most kiddie bouquets. I asked Kenzie why? a few days ago. "They're so pretty," she said.

Natalie got tired on the way home and also needed to go potty, so I carried her and the scooter. When we arrived home (See Nana, I told you it was over here, said Josh) it was time for a snack.
Mandarin oranges.
Chocolate.
Yogurt.
Broccoli.
Carrots.

Then some serious block building. Whereupon I took the opportunity to lie on the couch next to them and take a pseudo-nap...

...and of course Bethany and the older kids walked in the door a few minutes later.
We have been trying to talk Josh and Daniel into haircuts for some time. They were both very shaggy. Neither bribes nor shame had convinced them to endure the clippers. Today, Bethany told Josh that he could have a piece of gum if he got his hair cut.
"Okay," he chirped.
This is much better than the shaggy bedhead he was sporting all morning.

Natalie was determined that she needed a haircut too. She really wanted to be buzzed, but I appeased her with a trim.

Daniel got the shaggy prize. He still wouldn't bow his head to the clippers until I told him that he wouldn't look as handsome as Josh. "Okay," he chirped.

He doesn't enjoy the clippers and flinches every time I move to a new part of his head. This was his strained expression for the duration of the job.

Ahhhh.

5 comments:

  1. What a good grandma you are to take so many pictures AND write about them!! I think that's so fantastic! AND you know how to create a collage- bonus points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picasa makes collages easy, I must confess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but, the point is you know what Picassa is and how to use it. You are a very tech saavy nanna! trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos and interesting write up Sue. Can tell you really enjoy the family..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That explains Natalie exploding poop today!

    ReplyDelete