Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sam'n'Charlie

Charlie proposed to his sweetheart this morning up at Magness Tree Farm.
We assume it was suitably romantic, because she said "Yes."
Actually, Samantha already has most of the wedding plans down, so it was a moot point.
They will be married here on December 29th.
Yes, this December 29th.
When you're a Marine, you don't mess around. Charlie told me that one of his friends had to reschedule his wedding four times. After the invitations had been sent out.

So, I know you're all wondering how I feel about this, right?
After all, my blog, my life, it's all about me.
Well, my observation is that Charlie is as happy as I have ever seen him. He seems to be more comfortable in his own skin, not so restless as in times past. He is taking responsibility and making plans and dealing with some of the hard facts of life with determination and optimism. 
So I am happy too.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to the happy couple and you too! I think you're going to be a little busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Congrats to Charlie and Samantha! Good luck dealing with all the busyness. They are a cute couple and look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dance! (Okay, I gotta admit, I didn't even know she was LDS -- as I am so out of the loop now.) Apparently she IS!! So, back to my happy dance ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a fun holiday season. My oldest got married on 20 December. Cool decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so excited to see Charlie growing up and turning into such a wonderful man. His 'bride to be' is beautiful! Congratulations to you too for producing such a wonderful man!
    oh, p.p.s....fun talent show! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What fabulous news! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful and he is handsome and they look happy as only those in love can do. I am so happy for Samantha and your Charlie. This will only give you more gorgeous grandchildren and for that I am totally jeal!

    LOLOL congratulations all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's safe to say that this is my favorite post of yours.. :)

    ReplyDelete