Friday, October 22, 2010

See how I am?

My house was one busy house today.
Take a look.

Bethany and Samantha, shooting the breeze.
Charlie and kids, playing Skipbo in the living room. 
And again. 
Miss Natalie, going solo. 
Working on applesauce.  
Bethany's going to complain about her double chin in this one.
What can I say?
It's hereditary.
There's no way I could crop it out.
It's a chin, for Pete's sake!
The finished product.
And then I was mean and made Bethany clean up her mess.

Charlie signing up for Rosetta Stone.
He's learning Spanish.
Did you know active military  can get it for free?
And Josh eating his lunch.
Pistachios. One raspberry. A carrot. A cucumber. And Quaker rice cakes.
Gluten-free makes for an interesting diet.
My third loaf of apple bread in two days. 
Daniel playing "Somewhere My Love" on the piano, follow-the-lights style. 
Three kids playing chess.
Papa came in later and coached them. 
Bethany's tired feet getting a Shiatzu massage.
Natalie's feet waiting hopefully in the wings. 
Samantha's bible.
She and Charlie spend a lot of time with their noses buried in it. 
Daniel doing his music theory and getting a Shiatzu massage.
Some people have the life, don't they? 
And getting ready to sleep in the rec room with Charlie.
Eagerly anticipating the early-morning fishing trip with Papa, Charlie and Sam. 
Add a couple of grandchildren piano lessons, homemade pizza for dinner, and me watching Lark Rise to Candleford, and you've just about got it.

Happy weekend.

6 comments:

  1. not the greatest picture angles on me, but hey...at least my wedding bible made the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've accepted the fact that my double chin will be with me until I die. BUT after that, it better be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks busy but oh so good! Being surrounded by family is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, you look great from any angle.
    Bethany, did you notice that Charlie has one too? And who knows, maybe in the afterlife people will covet double chins!
    Mari, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the chin is hereditary; I have it too and not because I'm over-weight.

    Charlie should learn Nihongo.

    Three-player chess is fun.

    I hate wedding-planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed to have so much extended family togetherness!!!! Maybe in my next life. . . .

    ReplyDelete