Monday, May 18, 2009

Recital Time

Recital tonight for my piano students.
Our church building (the usual venue) is totally closed down for renovations, so we had it at the Newberg Christian Church.
It was very nice of them to let me use the space.
We were in the lobby.
Three little old ladies were sitting in easy chairs when we arrived.
They stayed for the recital.
And helped themselves to brownies afterward.
I said, "You're lucky, you got entertainment AND refreshments tonight!"

It's been years since I had an ensemble recital.
Now I remember why.
It's a crazy amount of work.
But immense fun.
We had student duets.
A trio of little girls played "Jesus Loves me."
Siblings played together.
A Grandma accompanied her three grandchildren.
And a Mom and young son played together.
Kenzie played with Auntie Annie.
For a grand finale, most of the students took part in a rhythm ensemble, a la "Stomp." Every student performed a different rhythm using their name and body percussion. It was terrific!


I think I'll keep my job a bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. You better keep your job a lot longer! You're awesome! The recital was so much fun. Thanks for all your hard work. It definitely paid off. I wondered about those ladies, if they were just there or if they were with someone. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete