Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Easter aftermath, added upon

So, as well as the half-price, very-dangerous Cadbury Mini Eggs, I also got these cute fishie eggs at Fred Meyer yesterday. With some split peas and Gorilla super glue, they became two dozen adorable egg shakers for use with my preschool groups. The total cost was around $5 and I also got the candy out of the eggs to put in the piano treat jar. Score all around!

Plus, I made a nice new bag in which to carry them.

Let's hope the super glue holds up. After it has dried for a day, it seems to be very strong. I can think of some scenarios in which they might get forcibly opened, but I don't think preschools is one of them. Egg shakers usually cost over $2 each, so if these hold up it will be a mighty coup.
If you want to make some egg shakers for your own little crew, choose eggs that are harder plastic. The flimsier, shiny-smooth ones will not hold the glue. And it is imperative to use really good super glue. I wanted to use the regular Gorilla glue, but Bethany forgot to send it with Josh today.
Just sayin'.

P.S. Two of the shakers broke open in the first preschool this morning, but the rest were still intact after four groups . So I would say, use the regular Gorilla glue, not the super glue, just in case. And the kiddos loved them.

4 comments: