Monday, April 5, 2010

Not that I'm complaining...

...but I think we've had enough rain now.

If you ever wonder why Oregon is famous for being green (and I'm not talking environmentally savvy, although that too) it's because of this:
Grey and wet...

Bedraggled tulips...

Overflowing birdbath...

Sigh.

Weekend recap:
Don't you just love men in aprons? Our Bishop (who is Jewish by birth) did a Seder on Friday evening. Jeff had the day off, so he helped with the preparations. He chopped apples and rolled matzah balls and manhandled chicken thighs.
Bishop Bill, Jeff, and young Justin.

Daniel walked in the door on Sunday afternoon wearing his Easter basket on his head. He had been wearing it most of the day.
"I'm toad," he said.
?

I spent the day cooking up a feast and watching General Conference.
This apple cake is very delicious. I made two, one gluten-free. It is also dairy-free, if that is an issue.

Apple Cake

1 1/2 c sugar
4 c chopped apples
2 c flour
1/2 c oil
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Add apples and mix again. Add sifted dry ingredients. Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan for 1 hour or until it tests done. 350 degrees.

Easy peasy.
Your dependent goody-eaters will love you.

3 comments:

  1. it looks a little wet - I think you've had enough! The guys do look good in aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, your yard looks good even in the depressing drizzle. I better pay some attention to mine... Oh- and I think I'll try that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful yard! Notice I don't post pictures of mine unless there is someone else to distract from the yard...although Wade is trying his best to get it beat into shape this year...tiller is broken...but ok because it is STILL snowing!? ARGH. Your hubby is very handsome in an apron...mine won't wear one!

    ReplyDelete