Thursday, April 16, 2009

Middle-aged women (Revised)

Once in a while, I feel like my best days are behind me. You know how it is. My body is misbehaving. I groan when I rise from a chair. Exercising feels like cruel and unusual punishment, no matter how hard I try. I forget more than I remember. Lately, my bread rolls turn out strange every time. My piano students don't know who Simon and Garfunkel are...is... whatever. When I'm asked my birth year, I have to scroll WAY down the list to reach 1956. I can't remember the last time Jeff and I danced the night away. Today, I watched a video that made me want to cheer for all of the middle-aged women of the world who still have important dreams. Unfortunately, embedding has been disabled on YouTube, so you will have to go here to watch it.It is TOTALLY worth the 7 minutes to watch it. You will see Simon Cowell in awe. I cried.
Revision: Okay, I just watched it again with Mum. I cried twice.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this on the radio. Thanks for making it easy to find. Well worth it. I cried too, but hey, it's Les Miserables.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I'm not really anonymous, but it seemed to be the only way to post.
    Brenda (again)

    ReplyDelete