Thursday, April 23, 2009

We're going walkabout

Yes!
Travel is imminent.
Well, looming on the horizon, anyway.
Reading the Garfields' travel blog has given me the itch.

It reminds me of when I got back from my big USA trip in 1976.
Every time I saw a plane overhead my heart wanted to be on board.

So today I booked two tickets for Sydney on September 25th.
Itinerary yet to be determined, but it will definitely include KANGAROO ISLAND. They call it the Australian Galapagos.

These photos were taken on the island.
By someone other than me.



But I will be there SOON.
Hobnobbing with the kangaroos and koalas.
Think I'll go now and sing a rousing verse or two of "Tie me kangaroo down, sport."

3 comments:

  1. Yay! a road trip. Love the pictures. Wonder what those eyes are saying.

    Love the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunty sue :) Make sure you look us up down under :) We live in Wollongong about an hour south of Sydney. Plenty of room to swing a cat at our place :) So your welcome to stay :) From your favourite Nephew Ben :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, if you read this again, email me. I asked your Mum for your email address but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I want to pick your brain about our trip. My gmail address is on my profile.

    ReplyDelete