Sunday, May 2, 2010

Debunking the myth

Tonight at our joint belated birthday party for Annie and Charlie I was taking photos and Edwin kept saying, "Man, I hate your blog." Then somebody else said, "Yeah, she blogs about EVERYTHING."
I just want to set the record straight, in case you were wondering.
I didn't blog about my trip to beach with friends on Friday and the fun we had doing the scavenger hunt as we were driving there and the shopping and the walk with Barb on the beach and eating too much chocolate and then coming home and not being able to go to sleep until 2am because of the chocolate and then being woken up by Jon a few measly hours later at 5:45.
Oh wait, I did mention that last bit.
But I didn't blog about going back to bed and finally waking up when Annie got up and was worried about Nana because she wasn't out of bed yet and how I was dog-tired all day and decided I have been sick all week and didn't know it.
Or about how nice it was to go to church today and almost fill up the bench and how much I love these two guys...
...and Annie too of course.
And about how worried I am about my Mum because her short-term memory is shot and I don't know how she is going to go home and live on her own again and all of the dilemmas that are presented by that situation.

So, I'm just saying, in my own defense.
I don't blog about EVERYTHING.

13 comments:

  1. My family bugs me about taking pictures all the time and blogging about everything too. Not true!
    Love these pictures - such good looking guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sue, I for one LOVE your blog, whatever you choose to put in it. You have some wonderfully handsome young folk at your place as well. Kinda nice to have 'em all home once in a while isn't it? Nathan is going to be off to Afghanistan in about 8 weeks. Our two newest grandbabies will arrive by summer's end and this Gramma will be over excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Pete's sake, I didn't say it was a bad thing! And he didn't say he hated your blog, he said he was tired of you and Annie taking pictures of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else are blogs for if not to write about everything that is going on with you? It's like part of your journal which you are willing to share with your closest friends and family. Plus you can keep it for future generations:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blog is Fantastic! Keep it up Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must I always explain everything to my kids? I was fondly complaining. It was an ironic post. And Edwin did say he hates my blog, but he said it fondly. Before you got there, Bethany. And I thought what you said was funny. It's all fond and funny. There. And last night, after Jonnie read it, he said, "Well Mom, now you did blog about everything." Well yes, that was the point. Irony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got it. It is funny how few people get Irony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you "don't" blog about everything! ;) I love love love your blog and love to read it! DON'T STOP!!! Please give everyone our love - even if some don't remember us, your family will always be in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You tell 'em Sue! I got the irony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever.. you have me going at the start...
    Is the floral thing on the side an off the shelf theme or did you make that too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't hate your blog. I'm glad to be part of your family and so involved in everything y'all do, especially the pics. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was Edwin. Ain't he cute?

    ReplyDelete