Monday, May 10, 2010

Demise Part II

I can't sleep.
I've had this stupid cold for about two weeks. I go all winter without getting sick and now it hits me. The first week, I just felt tired and draggy all the time. Then this last week has been bouts of sore throat, sinus-y stuff, and cough. Tonight, cough. 
Plus, Charlie is leaving tomorrow.
Sniff.
There's so much I want to share about this last week with all the kids at home, but tonight I will do an easy post.
About Saturday.
The day the mimosa really bit the dust.
Jeff and I did yard work all morning. He stacked our new cord of wood in the woodshed. Which had to be cleaned out first. I dug bulbs and sprayed weedkiller and planted vegetable seeds and generally got distracted by one job after another. Then we sat on the deck with Mum and had a nice lunch. Leek soup, toasted homemade bread, and
strawberries and vanilla icecream for dessert.
We deserved it. 
Under this sky.
Charlie and Chris showed up mid-afternoon to finish taking down the tree.
You know, I have some pretty smart sons-in-law.
And a hunky son.
Don't you think?

The last limb to fall.

Jeff didn't even pretend to be directing the action.
He just watched.



That chainsaw was a smoker! 

Joshie likes Harvey.

Later on, I found this funny little sight. The toadstools are living in the back flowerbed now. Right behind them yesterday were some real ones. Do you see them hiding under the penstemon?

There.
Maybe I will sleep now.
More to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like that was quite a job! Hope you are feeling better and slept well last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iwish we had a sky like that. Somewhere under all the clouds is a sky, or so I have been told. I got 2 new rosebushes for Mother's Day which were planted with all the ceremony the grandkids could muster...dirt flying all over and "I'm a big helper huh Gramma". Glad all your family were home. Nathan is getting ready to deploy, but did call (I secretly think the Army makes them...they are afraid of what moms will do). I love your quilt too.

    ReplyDelete