Sunday, May 23, 2010

The first time...

Minor things can become moments of great revelation when encountered for the first time. Margot Fonteyn.

Saturday was a day of several "first times". 
The first "first", a pedicure, a birthday treat from my friend Karen.
I was made for this!
My idea of heaven is foot-rubs on demand.
Seriously.
After I broke my leg, Jeff was quite compassionate and could often be talked into giving me a foot-rub as we chilled on the couch. I had a lot of nerve damage in my foot, so a gentle massage was blissfully therapeutic. Apparently, my groans of sincere appreciation were not enough to encourage him to continue the practice. 
Sigh.
This.. 
...may be the beginning of a long, long, love affair. Karen, Nicole and I sat on our massage chairs and were thoroughly pampered. Foot rub, leg massage, lotions, sea salt, clippers, polish, hot wax, the works.
Lo, a trifecta of gorgeous feet.

Then, small, delicious Sammies at Quiznos for lunch.
Karen and Nicole headed out to indulge in hair beautification, while I went home to admire my toenails.
We girls had big plans for the evening.
Stay tuned for more high adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the beginning of a perfect evening. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun. Can't wait to see what you put for the rest of the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete