Friday, May 14, 2010

My neck of the woods

The sun was low in the sky tonight and the air was balmy when I asked Mum if she would like to go for a walk around the block. 
My Mum would follow me to the ends of the earth, so of course she said, "Yes."

Today was a beautiful example of spring in Oregon.
I would like to say "typical," but it is not so.
But here is proof of the reason we true Oregonians (and I lay absolute claim to that label) are loath to complain too much about the rain.
First to attract my camera lens were the rhodies. They are at their best right now.

The sun was luminous on the clouds...

...and trees.





Are you jealous yet?



A little artsy editing of the spruce tips.



This house has a quirky sense of the unusual in this ...

...and this.

Stay with me now...



On to the fire station with its training building.


My trusty walking companion, who is always astounded and amazed at the beauty in a tree or a cloud.




And home again.


Billy Graham said, "My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."
Something to think about.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Susan.. Yes I am jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a training tower at the fire station. They are good for practicing rapelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the walking tour or your beautiful area! Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures! We are indeed blessed to live here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I truly do love living here. It is gorgeous country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! We do live in a beautiful place, don't we? And I love that hanging thing in the tree. I always notice it when we are driving home from church and I think it's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am jealous. My garden is peeking through despite the rain and snow. Had some lovely tulips. My peonies are making an effort as are the iris..hopefully in time for Memorial Day. What a lovely area you live in Sue!!

    ReplyDelete