Saturday, December 12, 2009

"To Do" lists

Kenzie came to stay for a couple of days this week.
We read together, watched
Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian, which is as funny as the first, and made snickerdoodles. On the last day we made a "to do" list and got most of the way through it, except for Make paper airplanes, which was Kenzie's idea.
She is notoriously scatter-brained, so I thought the concept of a list might resonate with her, because she loves to write messages and love notes on pretty paper. Dear Nana, I love you. I hope you are not sick like I am. Love Kenzie. (This note was embellished with googly eyes and a yellow feather.) The list was quite long, so she decided to divide the tasks into two separate lists, one for work and one for fun.


Work list.
Vacuum.
Finish Christmas decorations.
Put away Christmas boxes.
Mail packages to Annie and Charlie.
Clean kitchen.
Clean table.
Put rug back in living room.

(I broke a large water globe the night before, while setting Kenzie's bed up on the couch, and it had created a correspondingly large mess.)

Fun list.
Make snickerdoodles.
Make paper airplanes.
Make cards.


The list idea worked very well, especially for me.
I forgot how motivating a list can be.
And did you notice I figured out how to change my font colour?
I have also started downloading my photos onto the blog using Picasa, which is infinitely more efficient.
Ha! Take that, you 21st century, you!

1 comment:

  1. I love lists! I love making lists a lot more than doing what's on them. I especially like Kenzie's Fun List. That's what I need, a Fun List. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete